Enjoy art inspired by both nature and the human experience of life in the world at The Green Center. Exhibits are free and open to the public throughout the year. Art exhibit hours are Wednesdays from 9am-3pm and by appointment. Proceeds of art exhibit sales support The Green Center's youth arts programs.
Opening September 12, 2017 and running through November 4, 2017
The World, Two Wheels, & A Sketchbook by Artist Sophie Binder
Please join us Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00pm for a special engagement. Sophie will share some of her art, several of her stories, and many of the insights she gained about the unity in variety of the human experience, and the beauty and empathy to be seen and shared on this third planet from the sun.
Sophie Binder is a freelance designer/illustrator born in France, now based in St. Louis. In April 2001, she quit her job and put all her belongings in storage to fulfill a longtime dream to bicycle and sketch her way around the world. What followed was a solo adventure that would take her through 16 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India, Southeast Asia, New Zealand and the U.S., pedaling 14,000 miles in 14 months. She came back in June 2002 with seven sketchbooks full of watercolors and stories.
Past Art Exhibits
- "In the Garden" by Terri Shay, 2017
- "A Peek Inside the Artist's Sketchbook" by Hilarie Hunt, 2016
- Keepsakes: Nature Inspired Ceramics by Patty Sheppard, 2009
- Webster Groves Nature Study Society Photo Competition, 2015
- 20 Years Celebrating Nature & the Environment through Photography, 2015
- An Enchanted World- Just Add Watercolor: Cocoa, Coffee, Sunflowers and Butterflies by Dina Fachin, 2016
- Portraits of Courage, Phyllis MacLaren, 2017
- Vermilion in Tooth and Claw, Winners of the Webster Groves Nature Study Society Natural History Photography Contest, 2017